Tuesday, October 12, 2010

veracity

I'll always be right and I'll always be left
can't wrap my mind around my own concepts
you'll always be wrong but I'll drag you along
I'm not mysterious, I'm delirious
there's no air down here where I am, so I'll breathe through you
fill up your lungs with something new
just don't mistake my sarcasm for truth
I'll make a joke, you'll laugh- ha ha- but it's really not funny
I'll find a cloud in the sky no matter how sunny
you say you get me and you understand
but I've got a million problems and half aren't my own
I'll leave you outside and not throw you a bone
til its too late- I've made a mistake, I'm all alone
I want you back, can't take this heart attack
but you're gone and I'm wrong, and I won't admit it
so here in my wallowing ways I will stubbornly sit
I'll kick up the dust as things start rust
anything from the past to spark up a clash and break up the silence
memories and nostalgia make a great crutch
but it's a translucent dream and neither of us can get much sleep
you've turned your back on me, walked far down that trail
followed those marks that they all left before you
and surely leaving your own for those yet to come
burning them into my entity
so don't tell me you'll stay, don't rest a foot on my welcome mat
save us both the pain of playing my game
there's much to be lost but nothing to gain
I'll pull you in then push you away
then beg for you back amidst the disarray
I'll be fine, don't you worry about me
that's a lie, but I've been here before; it's a familiar chore
cleaning up the shattered pieces of this revolving door
and this is all that's in store
everything's still spinning, I'm dizzy and down on my knees
so, please, if there's anything left to save, let it be your words.
you've jumped over the hedge, seen that I'm on a ledge
it's too much for you to handle, and I can't really blame you
now here comes the heartbreak and confusion
I told you my jokes weren't really that funny
welcome to rock bottom, I don't hear you laughing now
nothing shines as bright as it did on the surface, does it?
so go ahead and call me cold, indecisive, and heartless
I've heard it all before, and I won't deny it
I saw you leaving as soon as you walked in the door
I'm tired of being right and I'm tired of being left.
but it's hard to keep on going once you run out of directions.

.....I'm stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment